🏎️ Subaru Impreza WRC 2001 Model KitDecember 07, 2018
Inspiration for the kit
Piloted by Richard Burns and Robert Reid the Subaru Impreza WRC 2001
Having mechanical components tested through half of the previous season, the Subaru Impreza WRC 2001’s body was new for 2001. It had four doors instead of two, and it was designed for improved aerodynamics, which included moving the rear wing further to the back of the car. In addition, the body shell benefited from increased strength and improved weight distribution, along with a lower center of gravity.
The powertrain and chassis taken from the Impreza WRC 2000 included lightweight engine design, up-to-date engine control unit, and specially designed intake and exhaust manifolds, cooling system, rear differential, and suspension geometry. Mechanical components were refined for 2001, but the foundation had been laid the year before.
"Excert from driveperformance.subaru.com"
- Xacto knife
- Model Master Liquid Cement
- Self-Healing Cutting Mat, Green/Black
- All Purpose Flush Cutter
- Disposable Gloves
- Tamiya Fine Surface Primer
- Tamiya Color Spray Paint TS-19 Metallic blue
- Tamiya Color Spray Paint TS-29 Semi gloss black
Below you can find a step by step progress of my assembly of this kit.
- Initial body assembly and light primer
- Body assembly completion and additional prier and sanding
- Subframe assembly and paint