My Digital SandboxJanuary 15, 2019
This is a page where I maintain the status of the devices in my “Homelab”. I will list my current systems and setups here.
Pine64 - acquired from kickstarter
– 1.2 Ghz Quad-Core ARM Cortex A53 64-Bit Processor. – Dual I/O expansion slots – Dual Core Mali 400 MP2 Graphics card – 2GB DDR3 Memory – Integrated Display engine with HDMI 1.4a – 10/100/1000Mbps Ethernet Port
Hardware / Software
- Pine64 - The PINE64 is a quad-core ARM 64-bit based computer
- Armbian - A lightweight Debian or Ubuntu based distribution specialized for ARM developing boards.
- Docker - Docker is a tool for automating the deployment of applications as portable, self-sufficient containers
Upon completion insert the SD card into the PINE64, connect an ethernet cable and power it up.
Login as root via SSH and use password 1234. You will be prompted to change this password at first login. You will then be asked to create a normal user account that is sudo enabled.
____ _ __ _ _ | _ \(_)_ __ ___ / /_ | || | | |_) | | '_ \ / _ \ '_ \| || |_ | __/| | | | | __/ (_) |__ _| |_| |_|_| |_|\___|\___/ |_| Welcome to ARMBIAN 5.70 stable Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS 4.19.13-sunxi64 System load: 0.08 0.13 0.09 Up time: 5:18 hours Memory usage: 45 % of 993MB Zram usage: 49 % of 496Mb CPU temp: 34°C Usage of /: 25% of 29G [ 0 security updates available, 52 updates total: apt upgrade ] Last check: 2019-01-26 18:29 Last login: Sat Jan 26 19:55:35 2019 from 192.168.1.155 [ Kernel was updated, please reboot ] root@pine64:~#
Operating-system-level virtualization, also known as containerization, refers to an operating system feature in which the kernel allows the existence of multiple isolated user-space instances. Such instances, called containers
Below you can find a list of services I wish to utiluize on my home network.
- oznu/unms:armhf - Arm based Ubiquiti Network Management service which allows you to monitor, configure, upgrade and manage UBNT devices
- gitlab/gitlab-ce - GitLab is a web-based Git-repository manager
- portainer/portainer - Portainer is a lightweight management UI which allows you to easily manage your Docker
- ghost:1-alpine - Ghost is a free and open source blogging platform